Monday, September 20

Let's shop Target.

No really, let's go. Right now. I mean, who doesn't love Target? They have Starbucks right inside! I realized the last time I ran in to grab cat food and conditioner that my blouse, camisole and shoes were all from Target. This has happened to me many times. Usually I am reminded of what a great deal I got on the items, like the gold faux leather moccasins I’m wearing now, found on sale for $6.24. I’m not vegan but I prefer to keep my leather consumption to a minimum, so faux works for me. Target has high end designers create limited run collections of clothing and home furnishings, at deeply discounted prices of course. Designers like Anna Sui, Jean Paul Gaultier and Zach Posen have all created collections especially for Target customers. Usually these pieces fly off the shelves, but sometimes they are just a bit too funky for the average shopper. I’ve managed to get a few steals just by waiting out the clearance markdowns.

But enough about clothes. The home furnishings are a huge step above any competitors. Classic furniture pieces are mixed with trendy designer accessories. New collections are always coming in so you have to grab the hot new items as soon as they hit the stores or you could miss out. One of the latest collections, by designer John Derian, features charming nature prints on melamine plates, trays, stoneware mugs and more.



These salad plates (John Derian) are available in stores and online. $19.99 for a set of 8.












Can we talk about how cute this little girls chair is? It retails online for $89.99. Absolutely adorable for any little princess's room.









Big time style at a (semi) discount price. For $300 it's not that much of a steal, but it is absolutly gorgeous, and would work great in a small space.








Now this is a steal. This cute little accent chair sells for $200. A classic shape with a great print.








We've recently made a few purchases in their home department that left me quite impressed. I was really pleased by their curtains, curtain rods and hardware. The curtains offered a great selection of fabrics and colors, all at very reasonable prices. We picked up a drapery rod, in nickel, along with a pair of cocoa colored drapes, perfect for the sliding glass door in the kitchen. Target has also been great for picture frames, with very reasonable prices, on classic, stylish frames.

There is a lot more to be found online than there is in-store, for the most part, especially in the furniture department. I recently ordered a cute little buffet for my office lobby. It was a snap to put together and I'm really pleased with it.

One of the best things about Target is there is always an excuse to go there. Need toothpaste? Run to Target. Oh, while I'm here I might as well check out the sale rack!

No comments:

Post a Comment