Thursday, June 3

10 things I can't live without.

I'm a list girl, always have been, it makes me feel organized. This list, the top then things I can't live without, is in no particular order.


#1 Embryolisse

This French creme is a must have for all make-up artists, which is where my addiction started. I then got my sister onto it. For a few years after I moved home from Paris we found it hard to come by, even asking friends and family visiting France to pick some up. Finally we found it online, and later at a pharmacy in Manhattan. Its increasing popularity has only made it easier to come by. It's quite greasy so be warned it's not for everyone. More for me!


#2 M4 Notebooks

I've been using these for a few years now and I always keep one nearby. Neatly lined with four sections, separated by a colored edge of the page. I use them for lists, notes, addresses, jotting down websites I want to check out, ideas. Usually I buy a new one to signify a new start, a new job or a new challenge. Always accompanied by a Pilot G2 pen, these handy little notebooks have become a timeline for the last few years.


#3 Cheese

Glorious cheese. Quite possibly the only thing that has kept me from becoming vegan all these years. Soy ice cream is great, I love soy milk in my morning tea, but soy cheese just does not cut it. Recently my love of cheese has expanded, evidenced by the overflowing drawer in the fridge. I think we must have at least 15 different cheeses in there right now.


#4 My iPod

Quite possibly the best invention ever. A personal play list to my life, always within reach. I think you can tell a lot about a person from his iPod. Mine is true to my Gemini roots, half hip hop, a quarter rock, and the rest pop love songs and break up anthems.




#5 Flat shoes

Perhaps it's sheer laziness, or maybe too many years teetering around Paris's cobblestone streets in high heels, either way, I'm all about flats. It's hard enough to find jeans that are long enough when you're 5'-9", let alone worry about needing a few extra inches to accommodate heels. Thanks to Target and a nearby Marshall's shoe mega store I've amassed quite a collection.


#6 My camera

I purchased this Canon Powershot a little over a year ago. For the money it takes a great picture, and with Maybe around I've been taking a lot of pictures lately. It's small enough to keep in my purse at all times. A bit more bulky is my 1980 Minolta X-70 SLR 35mm camera. I purchased this used for a photography class and had all intentions of selling it back to the used camera store at the end of the class. Instead I decided to keep it and shoot film from now to then. It has some great features, and when I remember how to use it properly, it takes some really great photos.


#7 Tarte Cheek Stain

On most days, especially in summer, this amounts to the extent of my make-up routine. At around $30 each these gel blushes are not cheap, but they last forever so really the only reason to need to buy a new one is to get another color. I recall a shocked Sephora employee when I told her my original one was nearly gone. She looked at me in awe and said, "Wow, you must you it, like, everyday". Yes, just about.


#8 Twinings Earl Grey Tea

I'm not a coffee drinker, but tea has become my morning addiction. Maybe it's the Brit in me, but I need a proper cup of tea to get me going, especially on cold winter mornings. This need is sometimes to my detriment, as I've sometimes found myself being late in order to make my cup of tea. A good splash of soy milk and a lump of sugar and I'm a happy girl.


#9 Burt's Bees Lip Balm

If you've ever used this you know what I'm talking about. I have them stashed all over the house so one is never too far out of reach.








#10 Down pillows

I thought about putting cheese twice, but decided against it in lieu of honoring the great down pillow. Good pillows are not just recommended, they are mandatory for a good nights sleep. Splurge on goose down, or go for a microfiber down alternative. It's like a little slice of heaven every time you go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment